10/27/08

Garden - Harvesting Quiet

...........................................
H ... G a R d e N ... H
...........................................
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then the land will yield its harvest
and God, our God, will bless us.
Psalm 67:6
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Harvesting Quiet

Sometimes the best thing I harvest out of my garden is the quiet time I get to spend with the Lord. I enjoy being in my garden, not because I have wonderful produce (not even close), not because weeds are fun to pull, or because I like fighting the bugs and chasing snakes away, but because it slows me down and stills my heart.
The flurry of activity and the busyness of managing a home can rob you of that restful quietness we all need each day. So, whether your place of solice is a closet or a spot between the carrots and cucumbers, I encourage you to take the time to harvest some quiet in your day. You might be surprised at how it cultivates a better attitude and enables you to be a better wife, mother and friend. H

No comments: